How can I set access levels for a course?
Skool allows you to set custom access to each of your courses. You can decide who has access with a few choices:
1. All members have access
2. Only some members have access
3. Members of a certain level have access (see section for points and levels)
You can set access to your courses with the following steps
1. Navigate to the course on the classroom tab and hover over a course to reveal the 3 dot action menu and click "edit course." Note that this can be directly accessed from the module view as well by clicking on the action menu next to the course title in the sidebar:
2. Click the "who can access this course" dropdown menu and select your desired option and click "Save":
Giving course access when "Only some members have access"
If you have a course with restricted access, you can easily give members access to the course in the members page.
- From the members page, find the member you would like to give access to, then click the membership settings button next to the member you'd like to grant course access to:
- In the "courses" tab, select the course that you would like to give the member access to:
- The group member will now have access to all the courses checked in the manage access window.
Giving course access to members of a certain level
First, check out this section on Gamification, Levels, and Points to read how members can level up in your community!
To set courses to open when a member reaches a certain level:
1. Navigate to course settings by clicking the edit menu on the course in classroom:
2. Choose "members of a certain level" in the access dropdown and choose your desired level and click "save":
3. Your members will now see the locked course in their course list under the classroom tab. It will unlock automatically when they reach the specified level: